THIS IS OUTDATED FIRMWARE. CHECK SUPPORT PAGE FOR LATEST RELEASE!
HTG GCU 1.1.1 change log
This update has set of MAJOR DC CL improvements, couple new features globally and hot-fixes.
This version updates control methods for all transmissions and it is NOT compatible with pre-1.1 updates. If You want to use previous firmware’s (up to 1.019e) matching suite is available for download at support page. In couple weeks we will cancel support for pre 1.1 completely – there is nolonger need for OL with such capable CL.
REQUIRED STEPS: as always – install latest HTG SUITE, connect to GCU (Shift + C), download config from GCU (Shift + D), send to GCU (Shift + S). This procedure updates config to latest version. Now go to GCU tab -> LOADER and upload latest firmware-1.1.1.
All dual clutch (DC) adaptations have to be redone – future updates will use those values. 8HP transmissions remain untouched and does not need to be redone. Please update new and modified tables. We suggest resetting learned adaptation values BEFORE commencing new ones. After reset DC CL has to be re-learned. 8HP does not require reset.
See Dual Clutch learning procedure article TUNING / CLOSED LOOP / DC learning
GCU general: #
- Added IO live view summary under “View -> Show GCU live data” (Shift + G). Logger has to be started to display values.
- New torque calculation method s“FUEL model v2.0 (calc) – improved fuel model that will be developed in next updates with FlexFuel, injection deadtime etc. THIS IS PREFERED CALCULATION METHOD FOR CLOSED LOOP! (unless reliable Torque Input available). See full WIKI article about torque GCU torque models.
- Added VW dash Gear Indication preset (6 or 7 gear range)
- Fixed ECM Digital Gear Indicator preset
ZF 8HP: #
- DBW mod blips and cuts re-enabled
- All 2-8 presets removed as preparation for Gear Range table deployment
Dual Clutches: #
- Changed control method for all dual clutches – Please make sure to execute OUTPUT ADAPTATION
- Added line pressure adaptation – this adaptation happens at the end of static trans adaptation . Please make sure to execute STATIC TRANS ADAPTATION
- Both OL and CL use adaptive CLUTCH and LINE pressures along with full closed loop slip control
- Softened initial CL take-up dynamic adaptation – pressure introduction happens now slower to help engines with unstable idle control
- Fixed CL pressure not dropping fully after coming to stop issue
- Improved CL take-up strategy – low speed drive reinstate smothered out
- Expanded Antistall table with additional CL parameters
- Modified “CL take-up strength” table and changed value range
- Improved CL US strategy and non blipped DS strategy
- Improved CL learning speed greatly
- Enabled DBW mod CUT function for CL- blip strategy will be released in next update
- Removed OL LP line pressure control
- Removed OL clutch pressure control
- Optimized current draw
- DC selection speed increased
- Enabled status bar cl Shift State indicator
- Fixed status bar take-up status indicator
What’s coming in 1.1.2? #
Next update targets both 8HP and DC transmissions.
- DC blipped DS strategy (fully adaptive)
- Preselection strategy reworked
- 8HP CL update
- Expanded FUEL model torque calculation with FLEX FUEL and STAGED INJECTION, as well as Injector deadtime tables
- Gear range settings – min gear, max gear, default start gear
- More datalogger channels and expanded faults
- and more.