Example integration method between HTG tuning GCU Gearbox Control Unit and Syvecs S7+ standalone ECU.
CAN bus datastream used in this example matches predefined CAN template in HTG Tuning Suite.
Pastecal function may be used to transfer tables from example SCal file into Your tune!
Both HTG GCU and Syvecs S7+ feature configurable CAN bus streams.
GCU CAN bus inputs match Syvecs’s X-CAN settings. Make sure speed of both devices match each others. (GCU: CAN settings; Syvecs: Datastream CAN Bus Speed).
Predefined stream covers:
GCU to Syvecs
- Syvecs X-CAN Receive A #1 – Current Gear – 640h – 16bit Big Endian
- Syvecs X-CAN Receive A #2 – Blip request – 640h – 16bit Big Endian
- Syvecs X-CAN Receive A #3 – Cut request – 640h – 16bit Big Endian
- Syvecs X-CAN Receive A #4 – Transmission temperature – 640h – 16bit Big Endian
Syvecs to GCU
Syvecs Generic CAN Transmit (assign which CAN bus is used for streaming to GCU in Datastreams/Generic CAN Transmit/Transmit Bus)
- Syvecs Generic CAN Transmit – 627h – RPM
- Syvecs Generic CAN Transmit – 627h – MAP1
- Syvecs Generic CAN Transmit – 627h – ppsA
- Syvecs Generic CAN Transmit – 627h – engTrqEstOutput
Data received from GCU has to be assigned in Syvecs/IO Configuration/Pin Assignments. Gear position calibration can be found Syvecs/Defined Sensors and Trip Setups/Gear Position/Gear Position Sensor/In Gear Voltage. Proper Drive Ratios calibration is mandatory for proper functionality of blips.
Gear Cut and Gear Blip signals can be calibrated under Syvecs/Gear Shift/Manual Shift Inputs. REMINDER: “Pastecal function may be used to transfer tables from example SCal file into Your tune!” 😀
Predefined integration uses:
1. Syvecs Torque Estimation:
syvecs_Torque object in GCU shall be assigned as Torque Input. Real injectors size has to be entered in Syvecs/Fuel Consumption/Injector Consumption Scaling.
2. Gear Cut strategy:
syvecs_Cut object in GCU shall be assigned as Gear Cut output. Example configuration uses progressive ignition retard which works just fine in majority of cases but adjust it up to Your own setup.
3. Gear Blip strategy:
syvecs_Blip object in GCU shall be assigned as Throttle Blip output. Example configuration uses Drive-by-wire blip with predictive blip time. Blip strength and time shall be tuned in order to be sufficient to match RPM without over-revving.