HTG GCU has strategy to modify DBW position while in shift scenarios. Useful for ECUs that do not have torque management options, or very basic ones.
GCU DBW modifier can deliver throttle blipping capability and torque reduction. This feature has been brought especially for Holley users but it is suitable also for OEM platforms that use e-throttle but do not have auto trans integration.
DBW mod has proven to deliver enormous improvement of drive-ability and is suggested by HTG to be used in every possible setup!
Wiring and setup #
Typical DBW setup has 2 position signals on the pedal. Those two signals are connected to ECU, so in order to use GCU DBW mod:
- Cut PPS signal wires between pedal and ECU
- Connect PPS signals into GCU AN_in (analog inputs)
- Connect GCU AN_out (analog outputs) to ECU PPS inputs
- Assign IO in Assignments menu
- Define preferred DBW modifier mode in General settings
- Send changes to GCU and reset gcu
- With ignition on move throttle slowly in full range couple of times so GCU calibrates the range
It is strongly suggested to verify operating range of inputs in ECU.
When DBW mod is used, during modification scenarios it overrides ECU PPS input reading with DBW_mod INPUT signals as vales for tables using PPS as axis (like preselection, or auto-mode).
DBW mod can be used in combination with “ECU demands” if specific options in General Settings are selected.
- DBW: CUT ramp-out time [ms]
Defines ramping out time in [ms] from current DBW position to DBW CUT limit position at beginning of CUT procedure executed by DBW modifier.
- DBW CUT limit position [%]
Defines maximum DBW position during CUT (upshift) procedure executed by DBW modifier.
- DBW CUT ramp-in time [ms]
Defines ramp-in time in [ms] from DBW CUT limit position to unmodified DBW position at end of CUT procedure executed by DBW modifier.
- DBW BLIP ramp-in time [ms]
Defines ramp-in time in [ms] from current DBW position to DBW BLIP target position at beginning of BLIP procedure executed by DBW modifier.
- DBW BLIP target position [%]
Defines target DBW position during BLIP (downshift) procedure executed by DBW modifier.
- DBW BLIP ramp-out time [ms]
Defines ramp-out time in [ms] from DBW BLIP target position to unmodified DBW position at end of BLIP procedure executed by DBW modifier.